• Quick & easy wristband cartridge loading
• Automatic print speed setting—up to 4 ips depending on installed cartridge
• Direct thermal printing of barcodes, text and graphics
• Dual-wall frame, impact-resistant plastic
• ZPL® or ZPL II® programming language
• 32 bit RISC processor
• 8 MB (2 MB user-available) Flash memory (standard)
• 16 MB (4 MB user-available) SDRAM memory (standard)
• Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality
• Dual communications interface: serial and USB
• Odometer for print-length tracking
• Illuminated media low/media out indicator
• Tool-less printhead and platen replacement
• Unicode™-compliant for multi-language printing
• Instant media calibration—no wasted media
• 16 resident expandable bitmap fonts
• One resident scalable font
• Head-up sensor
• Standard tear-off mode feature
• XML-enabled printing—allows XML communications from information systems Agency Approvals
• ENERGY STAR® qualified
• Aztec Code, Codablock, Code 49, Data Matrix,
Maximum Print Length
• 22″/558 mm Minimum
• 3″/76 mm
• 0.75″/19.05 mm, 1″/25.4 mm, 1.1875″/30.16 mm
• 300 dpi/12 dots per mm Maximum
• 2″/51 mm per second (Healthcare)
• 4″/102 mm per second (Z-Band Fun & Z-Band Splash) Media Characteristics Zebra offers a comprehensive range of wristband • ZPL II—Universal language for Zebra printers. solutions for healthcare and hospitality industries. Healthcare Wristbands • Adhesive or clip closure. • Adult, child and infant sizes. installed only, offered in combination with serial/ • Barcodes on Z-Band wristbands are proven to withstand water, soaps, foams, alcohol and other common solvents found in a healthcare environment, and remain scannable for longer than the average patient stay.
• One-day and multi-day wristband options.
• Seven bright colors.
• Designed for amusement parks, water parks, carnivals, zoos, sporting events and resorts.
• Variable print-on-demand barcoded wristbands means the wristband does not have value until printed, reducing ticket fraud. Operating Characteristics Environment
• Operating temperature: 40° F/4.4° C to 104° F/40° C
• Storage temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Operating humidity: 20%-85% non-condensing R.H.
• Storage humidity: 5%-85% non-condensing R.H. Wristband Cartridge Environmental Specifications
• Service temperature: -40° F/-40° C to 140° F/60° C
• Storage temperature: 32° F/0° C to 70°F/21° C at 35% to 50% non-condensing R.H. Electrical • Universal power supply (PFC-compliant) 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz • ENERGY STAR qualified printer 5 digit extensions Two-dimensional: • Emissions: FCC Part 15, Subpart B, VCCI, C-Tick • Emissions and Susceptibility: (CE): EN 55022 Class B and EN 55024
• Safety: CB Scheme IEC 60950-1:2001, TÜV, NRTL
• Power supply: IEC 60601-1:1995
• Width: 5″/127 mm
• Height**: 7″/178 mm
• Depth: 9.5″/242 mm
• Weight: 3.1 lbs/1.4 kg ** Requires 6″/153 mm clearance above printer to load cartridge Healthcare wipeable plastic is designed to withstand a variety of disinfectants, chemicals and cleaning solutions.
Firmware Options and Accessories
• ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (internal)— factory-installed only, offered in combination with serial/USB interface
• ZebraNet® b/g Print Server (internal)—factory- USB interface
• Font packs—Asian and other international font kits