Is Your Wireless Network Operating At Peak Performance?
When it comes to your wireless network, OpalTec understands how important it is to keep mission-critical applications running at peak performance.
The wireless network is the backbone of your enterprise. Each enterprise has its own bandwidth, security, and coverage requirements. Whether you’re adding devices to your network or adding applications to your devices, make sure that your wireless network is designed and maintained - OpalTec is here to help.
What is Wireless Network?
A wireless network allows devices to stay connected to the network but roam untethered to any wires. Access points amplify Wi-Fi signals, so a device can be far from a router but still be connected to the network. When you connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot at a cafe, a hotel, an airport lounge, or another public place, you're connecting to that business's wireless network.
Previously it was thought that wired networks were faster and more secure than wireless networks. But continual enhancements to wireless network technology such as the Wi-Fi 6 networking standard have eroded speed and security differences between wired and wireless networks.
- Overall system health assessment
- Check of system performance
- Interference from other wireless networks
- Comprehensive mapping of coverage and density of your wireless network
What are the benefits of a Wi-Fi wireless network?
Businesses can experience many benefits from wireless network, including:
- Convenience: Access your network resources from any location within your wireless network's coverage area or from any Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Mobility: You're not tied to your desk, as you are with a wired connection. You and your employees can go online in conference room meetings, for example.
- Productivity: Wireless access to the Internet and to your company's key applications and resources helps your staff get the job done and encourages collaboration.
- Easy setup: You don't have to string cables, so installation can be quick and cost effective.
- Expandability: You can easily expand wireless networks with existing equipment, whereas a wired network might require additional wiring.
- Security: Advances in wireless networks provide robust security protections.
- Reduced cost: Because wireless networks eliminate or reduce wiring expenses, they can cost less to operate than wired networks.